Wednesday, February 17, 2016

I'll be on the Road and All the Winters After will be on the March Indie Next List!



As of yesterday, All the Winters After is now officially out of the nest, flapping its pages. I woke up to a really lovely review from the New York Journal of Books, which called it, "A winner read that should appeal to a variety of literary and genre tastes." And these lines revved up my heart even before my first cup of coffee: "All novelists strive for what all readers want: that moment when you open a book and it grabs you by the throat and pulls you in to another place and time, another person's reality. Thus opens All the Winters After, and it keeps you pinioned inside the covers until it's over and you emerge blinking and shaking your head."

I was the one blinking and shaking my head when I heard that All the Winters After is included on the American Booksellers Association Indie Next List for March. The Indie Next List! I am so honored. I love independent bookstores. The list includes writers I've admired for years, including Ethan Canin, Joshilyn Jackson, and Joyce Maynard. Here's the link to the ABA's full list, and here's what they had to say about All the Winters After:

"This is the compelling story of a damaged young woman, Nadia, who has taken refuge in a cabin in the Alaskan woods for the last 10 years after escaping an abusive marriage. Kachemak Winkel, the cabin's owner, returns to Alaska after a long absence, still mourning for his parents and older brother who lost their lives in a plane crash 20 years earlier. Two young, damaged souls are at the heart of this beautifully written novel, and the wild and dangerous beauty of Alaska is present throughout. Perfect for book groups!"--Patricia Worth, River Reader Books, Lexington, MO

Speaking of book groups, I've already started scheduling visits, either by phone or Skype (or in person if you live close by), so contact me through my website if you'd like to chat. And I'll be heading out soon to visit bookstores. Check out the tour schedule above. If I'm going to be in your neck of the woods, I'd love to see you!

1 comment:

  1. Dont know how to tella youse this
    politely... yet, I'll most certainly
    try: Buddha's an idol; you're worshipping
    an idol. Not good.
    Only Jesus whom we
    must worship... the
    rest is whorizontalism.
    Dunno if you realize it.

    I'll see you Upstairs
    if you follow our advice.
    If not, God bless you.

    ReplyDelete